Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Preparing the Mommy Heart in Me....Whatever Road that May Be

Hello All,

I will get the basic update out of the way first...as I know you are all waiting with bated breath. ;) I did hear back from our coordinator for our embryo adoption and there is really no new news at this time. We are waiting for paper work to be returned and labs to be done for the prospective donor families...so essentially we wait. I am so grateful to know where we are and although waiting is not easy...I am confident things are moving as they should be...and God's timing is perfect. So I would continue to ask for your prayers for the potential donor families, and for a great match. We are SO thankful for all of you joining us in praying for this process...because this is just as important as any other in the entire journey. We know what a blessing it is to have a great donor family...and we know that this piece is SO very important to our hopeful family. So this is where we are in the process for now.

So as we wait...the Lord has really began to nudge my heart to use this time well. I will be honest...I do NOT wait well...and (ahem...Yes...I know I have said that before!) can be a little impatient (Andy?...Care to add anything here;). I have been struggling with this "waiting period" as an inconvenience. However, I feel like I am being prodded to use this time well. Ok.....Lord...How?? To be honest...when you are struggling with infertility, and awaiting what will happen...you can feel like you are in a very big "No Man's Land".  I don't want this time to go by in vain. I don't want to look back at this time and realized I could have been using it for other things. So...I feel like God is asking me to use the gifts and talents He has given me. Wow! I don't know if you know this...but going through infertility...you can feel like you are "broken"..especially when your body is the one that is having difficulties. You can feel like you do not have much to contribute (let me be clear...there is no one in my life who has said anything to make me feel that way)...and all that is a LIE straight out of the pit of hell. It's like I am being encouraged to remember the beautiful, creative and special person God has created me to be. (I am just getting real here about some of the difficulties on this journey). So...there are a couple things that I feel God might be pulling me toward...but what I do know is that God wants to breath life into this soul and others who are traveling or have traveled this road. He wants to bring healing to the hearts and lives of those affected by the difficult circumstances of life. Sometimes this means pushing us out of our comfort zone. So, after a few brief chats with people I feel like I am being pulled back into my photography (novice). My heart is to use this mainly for families, families in waiting, and families who have experienced loss. Also, maybe to begin working on a devotional specifically geared toward those who are mothers in waiting (no matter what that looks like). Anyway...we will see what happens with all of this. I am sharing this so that you all can be praying with me as I walk this road. I am a mother whose heart needs to be prepared, to be made ready for her family, and who needs and desires to continue this journey well.

Thank you for allowing me the precious opportunity to share my heart....

Kristyn 8)


No comments:

Post a Comment